12 & Under Youth Tennis
The Kingsbury Club offers Youth 12 and Under Tennis format for younger players. This USTA program uses age and size appropriate equipment as well as scaled down courts and low pressure tennis balls. The fun format allows children to have success sooner, therefore increasing their enjoyment and interest in the game. This is a tiered program and it is important to complete and progress from one level to the next for proper tennis skills.
JUMP START TENNIS
- This 30 minute class is designed to introduce tennis in a fun innovative way - foam
- Age 4-5 /low compression balls - a smaller net – age/size appropriate racquets & equipment
- Tennis activities – help to build self-esteem – enhance cooperative play – build hand/eye coordination
This program encompasses beginners to age appropriate players with minimum experience.
- Tennis activities to develop gross motor skills – teaches simplified tennis strokes
- Age 6-8+ active environment where children work with coach – improve perception
- Ball reception - direction of shots. (13 week session)
This group is for age appropriate players with prior red ball experience.
- Work on strokes, proper grips, top spin, reception to the ball, movement to track the ball.
- Start to work in pairs with control and direction.
This program is separated into Orange Ball and Orange Ball Aces.
- Fun and structured work on specific tennis strokes and skills – stress on cooperative rally point play– consistency – direction
This Program is for players with prior tennis experience and the ability to rally.
- Continued stroke production – point play production - work on players technical & tactical development – build self confidence
This program is for graduates of the Orange Ball program.
- Evaluations can be set up to determine the player level.
- Learn specific tennis skills – structuring point play - serving – building confidence and decision making through Point play, continued work on top spin, serving, reception to the ball.